When arriving in Cuba and Havana you have to present the destination address of your accommodation for the first night. You can choose from many types of accommodation in Havana: casa particular as rooms in private homes, local premium hotels, international hotels, and even camping resorts.
Bed & breakfast appartments and rooms in Havana
Mostly known as “Casa particular” the locals rent rooms with to travelers who seek for a genuine local experience, but still want privacy and the comfort of having own toilet and bathroom. A casa particular is a perfect starting point to explore the since because your hosts will be willing to share with you details and local tips to get around the city. You can order breakfast and fruits of your choice in the casa and the owners will take care of your wish for a small amount of Cuban pesos (CUC). Also, lunch and dinner can be served at a casa particular, but you will most likely go around the city and will find a seat on a terrace of a fine local restaurant.
The best place to rent a room in casa particular is in the heart of Havana: Havana Vieja (Old Havana). You will have quick access to street art, music, dance, marketplace, sights and means of transport to take you around the city or to another Cuban city at your will.
Best hotels in Havana
Havana has a lot of pre-revolution American hotels and in the last 20 years new international hotels have been built, many with a help of European capital (Germany, France, Spain, UK, Italy). These are fine all-inclusive luxury hotels that on the other hand do not motivate you to explore the real Cuban life. From a hotel to Havana Vieja, you can order a taxi or go by foot.
Top hotels in Havana include:
- Saratoga hotel Havana. Stately hotel featuring 2 restaurants & a rooftop pool, plus a spa & a chic lobby bar.
- Hotel Nacional de Cuba. Historic 1930 lodging with 3 restaurants & 3 bars, plus 2 outdoor pools & live entertainment.
- Melia Cohiba. Stylish quarters in an upscale option offering dining, an outdoor pool & bars with cigar rooms.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central. Polished lodging featuring views of the National Capitol Building, plus dining, a pool & a spa.
- Hotel Florida. Warm rooms in a chic Spanish colonial-influenced lodging with dining, free breakfast & a piano bar.
- Hotel Inglaterra.Storied pick with modest rooms, plus a vibrant sidewalk cafe & a trendy rooftop terrace bar.
- Gran Hotel Manzana Kempinski La Habana. Chic hotel offering elegant quarters, restaurants & bars, plus a posh spa & a rooftop pool.
- Hotel Raquel. Nice place in Old Havana (Havana Vieja) featuring a Jewish restaurant & an elegant bar, plus a sauna & a rooftop terrace.
Hostels in Havana
There are hostels in Havana that are operated by private local hosts. In contrast to casa particular hostels are not occupied by a local Cuban family but they offer rooms with bathrooms, shared kitchen, and hallways that are occupied only by the guests, travelers, tourists. Like the casa particular hostels are the best choice for solo travelers and couples that need cheap and quick accommodation and keep the privacy to the highest level. At the total of 40 CUC per night per two or three persons hostels and casa particular are the most affordable types of accommodation in Havana and Cuba. if you decide to book a hostel we recommend to look for the “Brina Hostal” situated on Santa Clara street with a ground floor gate that takes you right on the streets of picturesque Old Havana.
Camping in Havana
Yes, there is a camping resort in Havana. “Camping resort Havana” is 30 minutes away from the city center and the facilities are not what you are used to when you go camping in US, Canada, Norway, France or Croatia. The camp is simple and done the Cuban way with a lot of barbeque, music, and dance. There is also the swimming pool and a restaurant.